Carbon farming refers to land management activities aimed at storing carbon in trees and soils, or avoiding the release of carbon through better management of fire, livestock, and fertiliser use.
In Australia, carbon farming activities that comply with specific methods can generate Australian Carbon Credit Units (ACCUs).. Carbon credits that are generated from projects that meet the requirements of a method are tradable commodities.
Land-based methods can be broadly separated into vegetation or agricultural methods. Select Carbon has the expertise and experience in both areas and therefore offer complete services on the following:
- Human-Induced Regeneration Method
- Soil Carbon Method
- Reforestation and Afforestation Method
- New Farm Forestry Plantations Method
- Forestry Plantation Method
- Reforestation by Environmental or Mallee Plantings Method
- Avoided deforestation Method
- Beef herd Method
If you would like more information on which method would best suit your property, please go to the ‘Method Selection’ page.